Canada Investment | What do Hong Kong investors need to know when they invest in Canada?￼
We talked about 2022 Canadian Home Buying Package | Top 3 Things to Consider When Buying a Property in Canada last time, introducing you to the world of Canadian homebuying. Today, we will be taking a deeper dive into what Hong Kong investors should know when they buy properties in Canada.
First, to sell or purchase a decent property, it is always good to know the three types of Hong Kong homebuyers or competitors.
- Hong Kong investors who live abroad and are willing to buy properties: These investors know the policies well, and they might have connections to buy real estate properties early and cheaper in comparison.
- Hong Kong investors who are interested in investing overseas properties: These investors might not be as familiar with the country, but they are likely to have strong capital support.
- Hong Kong investors who invest in countries to own citizenship: These investors could get loans easier and be able to be offered with a better interest rate.
What might the HK investors focus on when they are searching for the property?
- Decent location: Location is the most important thing to Hong Kong investors, depending on their needs, whether it’s near famous schools, or downtown, or prestigious locations etc. In response to different locations, it meets their different housing needs, thus affecting housing prices.
- Proximity to Chinese Community: More and more Hong Kong people have been migrating to Canada, and the Chinese community in Canada is getting bigger and bigger. In order to adapt to the new life, more and more Hong Kong people want to live near Chinatown or the Chinese district.
- Attention to Feng Shui: This might sound unfamiliar, but many people in Hong Kong believe in Feng Shui, especially the older generation. Considering feng shui as a decision-making factor will give you a big bonus when it comes to trading.
- Type of property: Most investors would be seeking for apartments and flats, since they are the easiest type of real estate to be rented out or resold within the shortest possible time. Loans for an apartment are easier to get bank approval for and usually offer better interest rates.
Understanding the needs of different investors will help you choose the ideal property and put it on the market in the future, and it will save you time if you browse some units on Denzity that meet your needs.
Canada related information:
- Canada’s lifeboat scheme | Pathway to PR for HK Residents
- Hong Kong Immigration | UK vs Canada – Which to choose?
Property investment is a long-term game and planning is the key. Watch more videos for a better decision!
To receive more property information relating to the UK, Canada and Hong Kong, sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Follow us on:
👉 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Denzity.io
👉 Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/denzity.io/
👉 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/denzity